PR Account Director
Reading/remote - Hybrid role
Degree-level or Equivalent
An account director will head up a number of accounts across the agency, working with the SAM/AM to develop a PR programme based on client expectations. The AD is ultimately accountable for the actions of the whole team, so must be aware of any potential issues with the day-to-day running of the account and ensure the team is motivated and has the necessary skills and resources to succeed. Also involved in securing new business opportunities and working with a team to deliver successful pitches and PR proposals.
- Plan, develop and oversee the execution of PR strategies to support the objectives of the client’s business, within agreed timescales and budgets to ensure the account remains stable and profitable
- Hold regular client review meetings to review the PR strategy and ensure it complements business and marketing objectives and plans
- Identify opportunities to increase fee income and sell additional services to clients, through additional ongoing activity or project work.
- Ensure rigorous quality control is maintained in all work produced by the account team, and Berkeley guidelines are adhered to
- Provide messaging and marketing support for clients as appropriate
- Speak regularly with clients to ensure they are happy and to discuss any potential issues or a need to reset expectations etc
- Ensure the company’s business goals, values (PIES), operating objectives and standards of performance are clearly communicated and understood by your direct report(s).
- Actively develop own new business opportunities through industry contacts, networking, attending events, exhibitions, social networking etc
- Be active on the company blog and Twitter and understand the tools and benefits associated with digital PR and encourage the sharing of new ideas, tools and approaches
- Attend credentials meetings to qualify leads produced by the telemarketing team or other lead generation activities and lead pitch teams.
- Line management responsibilities for AM/SAM level and responsibility for mentoring other individuals within the organisation
- Be involved in setting and enforcing company policies and procedures and training programmes
- Take a lead role in helping to cultivate team spirit and culture in the office
- Be prepared to provide hands-on support to colleagues when required
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in the team; work with individuals setting goals to improve specific skills
Skills and experience
- Strong leadership skills to inspire and motivate individuals to exceed client expectations.
- Good listener and approachable
- Creativity, energy and enthusiasm
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Display autonomy and accountability; be able to make a decision.
- Strong relationships with all target media, including national and online press
- Self – motivation and a persuasive manner
- Proven spoken and written communication skills across a variety of areas
- Enhanced ‘people skills’, able to adapt to a range of audiences both internally and externally
- Thorough understanding of client’s business and their market.
- Consistent professional manner
- Every member of the team gets CPD-accredited Storytelling Academy training
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Training and career development
- Travel or Car Allowance
- Private Health Care
- An extra day’s holiday on your birthday