Degree-level of Equivalent
To deliver high quality, creative content to Berkeley’s clients, and to support colleagues, clients and senior management with strategic content guidance and insights as required.
The content manager is a key member of Berkeley’s growing content team, which is at the heart of Berkeley’s development as an integrated agency. The content manager writes and delivers a wide range of PR and marketing content and provides creative and strategic advice to colleagues and clients.
The role is mainly responsible for managing and writing marketing and PR content for retained and project clients. This includes case studies and press releases, as well as thought-leadership work, whitepapers, reports, newsletters, website copy, blogs and social media content among others.
Strong content marketing skills are essential, including previous experience with website and landing page copy, social media campaigns, SEO and email marketing.
The content manager deals directly with a range of clients – typically managing several projects at once. They work with key teams across the agency, including supporting the development of regular PR content, collaborating with the design team, to see content come to life and with marketing and media teams for assets across all forms of the marketing mix.
Berkeley’s content creation team comprises a number of senior professionals, and every member is expected to be able to deputize for the team lead and to represent the team’s activities and capabilities to clients and other external audiences.
The content manager ensures that client needs are met on schedule and to the highest quality, setting the example for storytelling and content excellence within the agency. The role will also be able to support business development by helping to prepare new business proposals and attend and present at pitch meetings.
There are no line management or budgetary responsibilities currently associated with this role.
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will have experience in a similar PR, marketing or journalism and content role, and will ideally possess the following attributes:
- Able to demonstrate rock-solid writing skills, but also the creativity to look at things differently, find a fresh angle and come up with new ideas
- Attention to detail and strong proofing and grammar skills are essential
- Be comfortable writing for social media, email, SEO and website copy
- Excellent people skills and able to adapt to internal and external audiences
- Excellent time management skills; the ability to juggle a wide range of projects concurrently and prioritize conflicting demands
- Experience with research programmes and some experience in data analytics
- Experience driving digital marketing or social media campaigns
- Experience in B2B and technology content
- An innate curiosity and enthusiasm to discover and learn about new areas
- A can-do, flexible, ‘I’ll-give-it-a-go’ approach to whatever comes our way, combined with an ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team