PR & Communication Consultant (Freelance)
North America (Home Based)
We are hiring for our fast growing and exciting virtual team in North America.
PR and Communication Consultants please get in touch. At Berkeley Communications, we put story at the heart of everything we do. With offices in Reading, Munich, and North America, we are an international full-service PR and communications agency. Our 40-strong team is made up of former journalists, account directors with years of experience under their belts, skilled graphic designers and PR executive talent.
We are looking for consultants (freelance) to join our experienced virtual team. Consultants can be based anywhere in North America and able to provide a minimum of 25 hours per week.
A PR and Communication Consultant is responsible for the day-to-day running of a number of different accounts, ensuring the team is motivated and delivers on client expectations. They will take a lead role in delivering results and will have strong media contacts and an eye for a story.
- Ownership and daily management of a number of accounts
- Planning, monitoring and evaluating activities relative to client marketing objectives, business goals and expectations.
- Allocating and helping to deliver the successful delivery of tasks within the team
- Arranging and leading team and client update meetings
- Main contact point for clients and key decision-maker within the team
- Identifying opportunities to increase monthly retainers and secure additional projects
- Lead by example in developing and maintaining journalist relationships
- Plan, develop and oversee the execution of PR strategies to support the objectives of the client’s business, within agreed timescales and budgets to ensure the account remains stable and profitable
- Ensure rigorous quality control is maintained in all work produced by the account team, and Berkeley guidelines are adhered to
- Speak regularly with clients to ensure they are happy and to discuss any potential issues or a need to rest expectations etc
- Lead the way with a proactive approach to both on- (including company blog and Twitter) and offline social networking
- Taking proactive steps to promote Storytelling to the client
PR and Communication Consultant will have experience in similar PR/ journalism roles, and will ideally possess the following attributes.
- Confident leader
- Good listener and approachable
- Creativity, energy and enthusiasm
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Display autonomy and accountability; be able to make a decision
- Strong relationships with all target media, including national and online press
- Understanding of the ‘bigger picture’ both client based and corporately
- Self – motivation and a persuasive manner
- Proven spoken and written communication skills across a variety of areas
- Enhanced ‘people skills’, able to adapt to a range of audiences both internally and externally
- Thorough understanding of client’s businesses and their markets
- Consistent professional manner